Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Poem du Jour: Trail-ku


As National Poetry Month continues on, I have (once again) fallen short of my goal to craft a poem a day (poem du jour!). This error on my part, however, has not stopped me from periodically jotting down some notes or making semi-poetic observations during the course of my day. If this exercise has been successful at all, it has been in my consciously recording the occasionally inspired with a thought, idea, or observation, and at the fleeting moment when it arises.

Inspiration comes from many different places and today's poem was derived from the feeling of running on a trail... as visualized while I myself was taking a slow run on the roads:
wildflower field dew--
blooms kiss bare leg on dirt trail,
welcoming me back.
Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: