Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Music Monday Tuesday?: The Life of Riley

"Although this World is a crazy ride,
you just take your seat and hold on tight..."


Though not quite as alliterative as "Music Monday," this impromptu "Music Tuesday" is courtesy of my dinner this evening with my wife.

While waiting for our food to arrive at a small restaurant within walking distance of our home, I was struck by how fortunate I am. In light of my recent birthday (which always seems to put me in a somewhat reflective mood), and the incredible fortune I have in being who I am, where I am, with the folks who love me, I couldn't help but recall this song (and "band," The Lightning Seeds), both favorites of mine the summer after graduating from college.

I still believe that in this world, you've got to find the time for the Life of Riley...

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

2 comments:

Kath Lockett said...

GREAT song! The only one of theirs that I'd ever heard before was 'Pure' back in 1990 and (blush) I bought it as a single on a tape (called a 'cassingle' then)

Mister Scott said...

i remember cassingles... i had quite a few and thought it was cool to have a more "modern" equivalent of a 45... and in the blink of an eye it was gone, too, replaced by the compact disc... i've noticed that some kids are getting "into" vinyl now, so maybe the cassingle is being geared for a comeback ;)

cheers!